Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Falling Into Place


Hello my friends. I have to apologize for not writing last week. I have so much going on right now and it is very hard to sit down and write.

The other day I was worried about what I was going to write. I was feeling like I didn’t have anything to say that anyone would want to read. Then a friend called and wanted to read a daily devotion. Guess what! It was about how Christian writers are only writing for one, and that one is Jesus Christ. Wow, was that a word for me or what?

Then I sent an email to the publisher of my book, Lisa, to ask her a question. She is about 2000 miles away and I hadn’t spoken to her in months. She called me back a little later and told me that when the email came in she was talking to someone at her business about me and my book. Another coincidence? She also asked me to send her the first chapter of my new book so she could give it to the editor. That way, if the editor thought I needed to make changes she could let me know before I finished the manuscript. The editor was happy with it. I am really excited.

There is a pastor here in my town named Jim Wilson. He is the founder of a Christian organization called Pray North State. He also has a radio show. A little over a year ago he interviewed me on his show. That was very fun. Well, guess what. He called me the other day and asked me to do another interview for his show. We are going to record the interview tomorrow and it will probably air in a few weeks. I am really looking forward to doing this.

As you can tell, a lot of things have been falling into place for me lately.

It is nice when life is easy like it is right now. However, as you all know, the easy things in life are not what grow you character. If we never had problems or difficulties we would not be able to relate to others when life isn’t easy for them. We would become self-centered and uninteresting. God, in His infinite wisdom, knows this and lets us go through some very tough things sometimes. That is when we have to rely on Him. He also knows that if tough times were all we had, we would collapse under the weight of life. So, here we are. A little bit of easy and a little bit of hard. Even though the easy times are more fun, I thank God for it all.  It is necessary for spiritual maturity.

As I am writing this new book, which is about the fall of Lucifer, I am drawing on the difficult emotional times in my life to help me try to show how much the fall hurt the heart of God. I can never feel the sadness He felt, nor can I put it down adequately on paper, but my own hurts and heartaches help me to try to express it.

I guess this is another reason to allow us to have pain in our lives. It helps us to understand the pain that our sin has caused Him, and to realize how much pain He had to go through to redeem us from sin.

We will never be able to fully comprehend it, but I want to say thank you God for all you did for us. Please help me to never forget it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janice thank you. What you posted is what has truly encouraged me. I was disappointmented our call was dropped and then I wasn't able to get back through to you. Then checked your blog and VIOLA !!! you gave me a new perspective of all I've endured of late.

Anonymous said...

Anxious hearts are very heavy but a word of encouragement does wonders! NLT Proverbs. 12:25