Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Ladies' Retreat


This past weekend I had the privilege of going to a women’s retreat at a wonderful campground called Old Oak Ranch, in Sonora CA.

Usually we are in dorms, but this time we were in the barracks. There were twelve sets of bunk beds. We had eleven ladies from our church, and there were ten ladies from a church in Nevada.

The guest speaker was a lady named Lydia Ranger. She is an incredible speaker and one of the most powerful singers I have heard. She was amazing. If you ever have a chance to hear her or buy one of her CDs, I highly recommend it.

I got to know three of the ladies pretty well. They were Becky, Becca and Debbie. I told one of the ladies from Nevada about my book, “The Adventures of Little Chrisamee”. She was very interested in it and said she would love to see it. Luckily I had brought a few books with me. She loved it and showed it to several of the ladies and they all were interested in it also. I sold every copy I had with me. If I had had any idea what was going to happen, I would have brought more. I could have sold them all.

Debbie told me that her calling is to help people promote things they are doing or working on. She has plans to help promote my book.

It amazes me how many people want to help when they find out what you are doing. So many people are connected with people or businesses that can help in some way or have information that is very useful.

On Sunday morning about eight of the ladies gathered around in a circle with me. We all held hands and they prayed over me and my book. They prayed that God would help me with the writing of my second book.  More than that, they asked God to use the book to help children understand about God and come to know Him as their personal savior. That is what I desire most with my books. If I sell a million books, that would be exciting, but if I only sell a hundred but they help children to make it to heaven, it will be worth it all.

Tuesday evening I received a phone call from a friend in Texas. In my next post I will tell you all about it. It was quite amazing and ties in directly with everything that happened at the retreat. I want to make sure I have all the details correct before I put it in my blog.

I hope you will come back to read about it.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a fantastic writer! I love reading your journey. I know God is going to use your book and your blog to reach many! Love you~Torri