Monday, October 21, 2013

Gina, Caleb and Shianne


If you read my last post you will remember that a group of ladies at the women’s retreat gathered around in a circle with me and prayed that God would use my book, “The Adventures of Little Chrisamee – Creation” to bring children to the Lord. That was on Sunday, 10-13-13. I was thrilled that they did that.

On Tuesday, 10-15-13, my friend Gina from Tyler, TX Called because she wanted to tell me something that had happened.

Gina, unfortunately, has been estranged from her daughter for many years. She hadn’t seen her grandchildren, Caleb and Shianne, in a very long time.

In October of 2012 Gina felt led to write the book of Genesis by hand, in cursive. She found out that her grandson Caleb was wanting to learn to write in cursive. Gina sent the book of Genesis, which she had written by hand, to her daughter with a note suggesting that Caleb could use it to help him learn cursive.

In June of this year Gina got a phone call from her daughter telling her that if she would like to see her grandchildren she would bring them over for the day. Of course Gina was thrilled.

While visiting with their grandmother, Caleb told her that when he was practicing his cursive by reading and writing the book of Genesis he had asked the Lord into his heart and became a Christian. He also said that when he prays, his little sister, Shianne, won’t close her eyes.

Gina remembered that she has a copy of my book, so she brought it out and started reading it to the children. After she finished the first chapter, Shianne said, “I want to ask Jesus into my heart now, Grammy”. Gina led her in prayer and she became a Christian also.

When Gina called and told me this story I had tears in my eyes remembering how the ladies had prayed for this very thing just two days earlier. God is so good.

If you have a children’s story that you really want to write, don’t let anything stand in your way. You never know what impact it is going to have on the children who read it. At the same time, that puts a lot of responsibility on us to make sure that what we write has good values. As writers, we can change the world.

Comments on this post are welcome.

No comments: