Sunday, September 21, 2014

Six Levels of People


Sometimes I get very discouraged, feeling like I will never get my book out there for the readers of the world. Maybe I never will. Who knows?  What I do know is that when I work at it, things happen.

Someone told me that the people who can help you are only six people away. In other words, if you talk about your project with the people you know, and in turn they talk to the people they know and so on, by the time it gets to the sixth level of people it will have reached the ears of someone who can really help you.

If you doubt this, try it.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with what I do, I write. I published a book about a little angel in heaven named Chrisamee. One day she finds a hole in the side of heaven. When she runs to the throne room and asks God what it is, He tells her it is a window where she can see what goes on outside of heaven. For the next six days she sits in the window and watches creation happen. At the end of each day she jumps from her window, runs to the throne room and talks to God about what she saw. She always has questions about things she doesn’t understand, and God explains everything to her. The idea is to tell children about creation and to help them to really understand it.

A few months ago a man named David started attending our church. The Sunday before last I was talking to him and told him about my book. He asked if he could see it so I gave him a copy. He took it home and read it. The following Sunday he told me that he loved everything about my book. In talking to him I also learned that he is a third grade school teacher. At his school they have a club that meets after school hours for children who want to learn about God. They have thirty students who attend regularly. He is now trying to get my book to be included as part of their curriculum.  

Today at church I was talking to him again and asked if he would be interested reading what I have written so far in the manuscript of my new book. This book is about the fall of Lucifer and the fall of Adam and Eve, and about the nativity. Once again it is the same concept where little Chrisamee watches the fall of Lucifer right there in heaven, and then watches everything that happens on earth through her window in the side of heaven. I told him that as a school teacher I thought that perhaps he could help me think of questions that children have about these events. I am trying to answer as many questions for them as I can.

David told me that he has a good friend who is a professor at the local Bible College, and this is right up her alley. He said this would really be her field of expertise. He is now in the process of setting up a meeting between him, her, another lady in the same field, and me so we can brainstorm. I had no idea where my conversation with him was going to lead. And, guess what, I have only reached the second level. I spoke to David and he is in turn speaking to his friends who can really help me. Who knows where this could be by the time it reaches the sixth level. So much is being accomplished in just two levels. This is very exciting for me.

So, where does your journey to six levels start. It starts with you beginning to talk to everyone you know, and every new person you meet. You might not see any results right away, but keep talking to everyone. It will happen. You will be amazed to see how many people want to help you on your road to success. They get excited at the idea of being part of your journey. Many of them would like to be doing what you are doing, but they don’t feel like they have the skill. However, they do know how to help you. They can sort of live their dream through you.

So, there you go. By talking to people about what you are doing, not only are you furthering your journey, but you are also bringing pleasure to others by the fun they have being part of your journey.

I would love to hear from you about how this works for you. Please feel free to leave me a comment.

If you would like to find out more about my book, you can email me at jbates@littlechrisamee.com.

No comments: