Thursday, October 24, 2013

It's A Small World


One thing I am finding fascinating and fun about having a blog is seeing where my audience is. Every day I look to see how many people have viewed what I have written. It is very exciting and interesting. So far, besides the viewers in the USA, I also have a viewer in Mexico, United Kingdom and Russia.

I know how the person in Mexico and the one in the United Kingdom found out about my blog, but the one in Russia is a complete mystery to me. I have only been blogging for two and a half weeks. This shows me once again just how small the world is now.

I hope to have the chance to see a lot of this world in my lifetime. One of the ways I would like to see it is by taking a river cruise. If you aren’t familiar with them, I highly suggest that you look them up on the internet. The website that I have found that shows them the best it called “Viking River Cruises”. Another site is “Gate 1”, and then you have to select the tab for river cruises.

To take a river cruise, you fly to Europe or whichever country you want to go to. Europe seems to be where most of the river cruises are. Then you board a river cruise ship and travel through the country. These small cruses ships are sort of like the big cruise ships except they only hold about two hundred people. They have cabins that I understand are larger than the ones on the huge ocean cruise ships. Onboard entertainment and restaurants with wonderful food are provided in the fare, and you can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner if you like. Of course, eating in the local restaurants would be a lot of fun, but that comes out of your own pocket.  

The river cruises go along the major rivers such as the Danube, the Rhine, and others. Since they travel down the river in the evening or at night, you are in a different city or village every day. You then get to explore the town or countryside all day long. There is beautiful shore line all along the river. On regular ocean cruises you spend a lot of time in the middle of the ocean where all you can see is water and sky. Not so with the river cruises.

Since I discovered river cruising I am starting to put away my pennies. I have spoken to people who have been on river cruises and they say that they enjoyed them even more than the ocean cruises.

Hopefully I will get to do this sometime within the next couple of years. Until then I will keep saving my pennies and dreaming about how fantastic it is going to be. Everyone needs to have a dream. Right?

No comments: